Welcome to the United Kingdom!
If you've just arrived in the United Kingdom then you'll need a few things before we will be able to get you started with Housekeep.
- A bank account
- A National Insurance number
How do I setup a bank account?
While we're unable to help you setup a bank account there are a number of banks which are really quick and easy to get setup with and great for people who are new to the UK.
A few to look into are:
- Metro Bank - They have physical branches so you would be able to go in and speak to someone.
- Monzo - They do everything through an app and you can't go into a building and speak to someone, everything through an app.
- Monese - They do everything through an app and you can't go into a building and speak to someone, everything through an app .
As everyone's circumstances are different it's important that you look into these yourself; ask your friends and family who they use and why they think they're good to use, the ones listed here are just suggestions for you to look into
How do I get a National Insurance Number?
You need a National Insurance number to pay your tax, at Housekeep you would be self-employed so will need to make sure you've got one.
If you haven't already applied, please click here and follow the steps on the Government Website.
If you have a Biometric Residence permit it might be printed on the back.
What's being Self-Employed and How do I do it?
Being self-employed means you're your own boss.
As a self-employed person you:
- Are able to choose your own working hours and areas
- Are responsible for your own taxes
- Not eligible for holiday pay
To register as Self-Employed you'll need your National Insurance number. Once you've got that you'll be able to register here.